Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Progress Report

I have to admit...this quilting stuff is kind of fun. =0) Day one I purchased lovely materials. I found them on sale at Michael's and invested $25 in my new hobby. I also bought a cutting mat and a rotary cutter.


Later that day, I started cutting the fabric. I can already tell that this step is the most time consuming, and probably won't be my favorite. My new rotary cutter did make the process less time consuming than a pair of scissors. I laid out the squares and rectangles, getting into the "groove" of it.

Once my borrowed sewing machine arrived on day 2, it was time for business! Of course, I haven't used a sewing machine since home ec class in 9th grade. I won't give away how many years that is...just trust me that it's been a few. I was glad to finally hear the hummm of the machine on my test material.


Day 3 I completed my strips. The pattern called for 7 strips, each with 5 or 6 pieces. These strips then are sewn together. As of this writing, all my strips are attached together. Hooray!

0 comments:

Post a Comment